On Etsy it strongly states to research your local laws governing gift certificates to ensure your shop is in accordance. The DOs & DON'Ts of Etsy state as follow:
- Gift certificates are governed by local laws; it is the seller's responsibility to determine if they are in compliance. If you list a gift certificate on Etsy, you are responsible for this compliance.
- You must include this sentence in the item listing: "This Gift Certificate is valid only in my Etsy shop, and it is only redeemable here."
- Make your listing for a set price (the price of the gift certificate)
- Your listing must be an actual item (paper certificate, .pdf file, note card, etc.)
- Make sure your description clearly states that this gift certificate is only redeemable in the Etsy shop from which is it purchased.
- Shop Name
- Your Shop's Etsy web address (ie: http://www.fourelementsdesign.etsy.com/)
- Boldly state "Gift Certificate"
- The amount of the gift certificate
- Each certificate should have a unique secret code. The recipient will enter the code when checking out to differentiate between gift certificate of the same amount. (DO NOT include this in your item listing!)
- Clearly post instructions on how to redeem the gift certificate
For more information on Esty and gift certificates visit The Storque at www.etsy.com/storque