Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Monday...F.E.D. Experiment

Wow, where has January gone?  In less than one week our little Internet experiment will be over.  How has it gone so far?  Is it worth it?

In the beginning I spread myself too thin between nearly ten sites.  It was consuming way too much time.  And worse it was starting to wear on my sanity!  So rather than do a half hearted job on multiple sites, I decided to focus on four main sites, Etsy, twitter, facebook, and my blog.  So how is it going so far?

On Etsy I have taken the advice of another successful shop and improved my photos.  I have received many compliments and better yet was featured in an Etsy Treasury!  I am still stuck with only one sale, but to stimulate my rating I have made a couple purchases.  Buying on Etsy adds to your rating.  When the seller leaves positive feedback it is a boost to your shop.  That's me always thinking outside the box!  To check us out on Etsy go to http://www.fourelementsdesign.etsy.com/.

Twitter is an absolute blast!  I love posting my tweets.  Although, only using 140 characters is a bit of a challenge for someone like me!!!  Yesterday I reached 50 followers.  I really like that I can post links to facebook, etsy, and my blog to reach people I normally would not be in contact with.  I have also used twitter for feedback.  I ask different followers for tips, colour combo suggestions, and inspiration.  With only one week left let's see if I can get to 75 followers!  To follow us on twitter go to www.twitter.com/4elementsdesign.

My facebook fan page has really taken off.  At last count we had 156 fans!  Facebook has long been a tool to connect with old friends and extended family.  Now, I am able to use that tool to share my lampworking designs with everyone.  I can suggest the page to friends.  They have the opportunity to view the page and decide if they would like to become a fan.  The more fans that join equal more news feeds that mention Four Elements Design.  With facebook I can post photos, list promotions, and link to my Etsy shop and other accounts.  I also love that others can leave comments regarding my posts.  Any feedback is good.  To become a fan of Four Elements Design on facebook click the link on the side of this blog.

Last but certainly not least is my blog.  I may only have 9 followers, but each and everyone matter.  They have taken the time to read what I have to say and find it worthwhile.  That means the world to me.  Having this blog is like a journal of my experiences while starting my jewelry business.  I love looking back at the posts and remembering each hurdle!  I really hope this blog inspires other new Etsy seller's to take a leap and try something new.  None of us are going to grow personally or professionally if we don't take any chances.

Well with less than a week till February, I had better get busy.  Thank you for taking the time to follow Four Elements Design on our journey.  We look forward to sharing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment