Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word of Mouth

In the midst of my Internet absorption experiment I have been baffled by the simplicity of "word of mouth" advertising. A simple request of my friends to recommend my site to anyone they think might be interested has had alarming results. If each friend tells 10 people, those people tell 10 more, and so forth the affects on my business would be quite positive. Is it really as simple as to just tell your friends?

Although word of mouth is excellent for generating local followings it takes a lot more to attract the world. Although, you may have friends and family spread throughout numerous countries they can not physically reach out to as many people as the Internet. So it stands to reason that the best way to attract the 6,692,030,277 people of the world is through the Internet. Get yourself heard or seen on as many sites as possible. The possibilities are virtually endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment